These days, it is important that we all reduce our environmental footprint, but we still want to have lovely holidays - at Top Eccles Farm Eco Barn you can do both.
High on the south facing slopes of Eccles Pike, Barn Meadow enjoys fabulous panoramic views across the Blackwater valley and to the Goyt valley beyond. The location is great for those wishing to enjoy the Peak District with its many attractions such as outdoor activities, landscape, historic houses and gardens. In spite of our secluded rural location, the cities of Manchester and Sheffield are only a 30 minute train journey from one of the local stations.
The barn provides luxurious 4 star holiday accommodation for up to 4 people with double and twin rooms, both en-suite. The barn has its own kitchen garden and sun terrace looking out over the valley – organic herbs and vegetables grown in the garden are available for use by our guests.
This traditional building has been renovated to include innovative environmental design principles, whilst offering spacious simplicity and comfort and yet revealing the character of its 300 years.
We are excited to announce that we have just taken delivery of our latest beautiful soft spun alpaca yarn. Available in 100g skeins of 2ply, 4 ply and double knit.
Come to Barn Meadow and:
- Take time to relax and feel refreshed and reinvigorated in the calm atmosphere of the cottage
- Soak up the views from the terrace (weather not included!)
- Meet our wildlife: little owls, tawny owls brown hares, kestrels, lapwings, badgers and enjoy our wild flower meadow
- Discover stunning landscapes with a rich diverse cultural heritage
- Explore historical villages, houses and gardens
- Meander along miles of footpaths, bridleways and cycle ways
- Try some of the more active pursuits like paragliding, climbing, horse riding, caving, sailing, fishing or golf
- Enjoy music festivals and well dressings
Part funded by a grant from the Peak District National Park's New Environmental Economy Fund.