What we provide
When booking a self catering holiday it is really useful to know what equipment to bring and what to leave at home. We want you to have a fabulous relaxing holiday so we supply the following at no extra cost to get you started.
- Welcome hamper with 2 pints organic milk, fresh home-baked cake or biscuits, fruit, eggs and fresh flowers
- Kitchen garden from which you can help yourself to seasonal organic fruit, veg and herbs
- Kitchen essentials - dish cloths, eco friendly cleaning materials, dishwasher tablets, salt/pepper, herbs, oils and spices
- A full range of equipment for children and babies including: high chair, play pen, travel cot (with pillow and blankets/fleeces) and a wide range of games, puzzles and other activities. Curtains with good blackout linings
- Enough wood pellets for the duration of your stay and a fireguard around the stove
- TV with integral DVD and a good selection of DVDs and CDs, a huge selection of books (including childrens, games and magazines
- Wind-up radios and torches
- Quality duvets and organic/fairtrade covers and towels (hand and bath sheets), organic toiletries, hairdryers
In the Kitchen
The kitchen is really well equipped with the following:
- White goods - dishwasher, fridge with freezer compartment, access to a freezer, microwave, electric oven
- Kitchen equipment - steamer, saucepans, frying pan, sharp knives, roasting dish and baking tray, colander, sieve, oven to table ware, mixing bowls, scales, measuring jug, hand whisk, hand blender, graters, wooden spoons, potato masher, fish slice, potato peeler, garlic press, tin opener etc. as well as a range of Tupperware containers. Bone china tea service, cafetieres & teapot, crockery and cutlery for 6.
- Kitchen and cleaning basics - dishwasher tablets to get you started, hand soap and washing up liquid, toilet and kitchen roll, tin foil, baking parchment, compost and bin bags, a selection of tea bags (i.e. breakfast, echinacia, chamomile, mint), fresh and instant coffee sugar, hot chocolate, plain flour, corn flour, chutneys, homemade marmalade/jams
- Every day herbs and spices - thyme, chives, bay leaves, rosemary etc (from the garden), black peppercorns , salt, chili powder, cinnamon, ground cumin, curry powder, turmeric, vanilla extract
- Sun terrace with table and chairs, parasol, picnic blankets
- Washing line and pegs
- Your own designated parking (half way up the drive)
- Ornamental kitchen garden
Access for all
We offer a warm welcome to all guests arriving at Top eccles Farm Eco Barn. If you have any specific needs you would like us to be aware of please contact us before arrival.
The eco barn is situated up a fairly steep driveway, please see our access statement for more details.